Bible teacher, Christian apologist, Professor, Writer, Speaker, Blogger
Director and owner of this web blog
Home Town: Easton, MA (now living in Northern VA)
Specialities: Philosophical apologetics, Biblical apologetics, Worldview apologetics, counter cult, and paranormal apologetics
Credo: What is missing in our churches today is good biblical hermeneutics and apologetics. We do not know what we believe and why we believe Christianity is true. And for those who think they are doing apologetics, but cannot answer the challenges of the skeptic head on, it is time to learn how to do apologetics rightly.
Approach to Apologetics: My approach to teaching, training, and defending the faith involves implementing a two step classical methodology. My evangelistic approach always starts out conversationally to see where the person is coming from and to find that ripe opportunity to bring the gospel in. It may be a conversation or two… but the goal to apologetics is discipleship and evangelism, discernment and polemics; refuting error and teaching biblical truth.
- The Three Faces of Evil and a Christian Response. This article appeared in the SBCV’s newsletter the Baptist Banner, Apologetics315, and several other websites;
- Who’s Morality are We Willing to Legislate. This article appeared on the website Intelligent Faith Matters, The Poached Egg Apologetics website and several other blogs;
- How American Christianity Lost Its Evangelical Mind. This article has appeared on a handful of blog posts.
Blogging here since 2010 and on Google’s Blogger since 2007
Multiple student retreats, churches, and college campuses
Debate, Krishna v. Christ, with Piotr Weirzbicki (ISKON), October 2021
Fulton Montgomery Community College, Forum on Comparative Religions, April 1999.
- Graduate Certificate in Christian Apologetics, Biola University, 2007
- Master of Divinity (Theology) w/Biblical Languages, Mid America Baptist Theological Seminary, 1997
- Bachelor of Arts, Religious Studies, Oklahoma Baptist University, 1990
- Ratio Christi, 2012-2018, Chapter Director/Community Apologist
- Cardinal Baptist Church, Ruther Glen, VA, 2001-2002, Pastor
- Hudson Baptist Association, Schenectady NY, 1995-2000, Interfaith Witness Director
- Trinity Baptist Church, Niskayuna, NY, 1993-1996, Minister of Outreach/Evangelism
- Capital District Youth for Christ, 1992-1994, Saratoga Youth Conference Speaker
- North American Mission Board, 1987-2012, Interfaith Witness Associate (IWA)
- Certified Apologetics Instructor/IWA (2006-2012)
- Designing the Masters level Concentration / Graduate Certificate programs in Christian Apologetics for the local Bible College and Seminary, 2020 – present
- Fredericksburg Bible Institute and Seminary (now Cornerstone College and Seminary), Fredericksburg, VA, Professor of Apologetics and Worldview Studies, 2007-2010.
- Mid America Baptist Theological Seminary, Schenectady, NY, Adjunct Professor, 1998-2000.
- Hudson Valley Bible Institute, Schenectady, NY, Professor, 1998-1999.
- Calvary Chapel of Albany Bible Institute, Instructor in Apologetics, 1994-1996.
- Rob’s Vitae click here.
Find Rob on the Web
Rob is also listed on J. Warner Wallace’s Cold Case Christianity website among a list of An Impressive Community of Tent Making Christian Case Makers